While everyone hasn’t figured out that old SEO tactics no longer work, you can rise above the rest by spending your marketing dollars wisely. Fire your SEO and put your online marketing budget to work for you!
PPC (Pay Per Click Advertising)
- Fast traffic to your site (overnight)
- Conversion tracking
- Set your own daily budget
- Target customers looking for your service or product
- Only pay for when your ad is clicked
- Set the times of when you want your ad to show
- Target a particular area
- Eliminate irrelevant search terms
- Re-market to your site visitors with your ads appearing as they search the web
- FREE Impressions – be at the top of Google and not charged unless someone clicks on your ad
- $100.00FREE Advertising
Learning curves exist in PPC as well, and, unfortunately for some, they can be costly. Having a PPC manager like myself can make the difference in a successful campaign.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Takes a long time (3 to 6 months is conservative)
- Laborious process of creating content and social sharing (I have a team that does this work)
- Mostly have to stick to on page optimization and cautiously not to risk penalty
- Methods of the past no longer work and will get your site penalized
- After several months getting your site to rank you might find out that your site doesn’t convert
- SEO is no longer easy like it was before
- Organic Search Engine Optimization is NOT FREE
Some SEO professionals are still using outdated tactics that can damage your site like:
Spamming your site with low-quality links from content mills and directory listings.
Using antiquated techniques such as optimized anchor texts, and keyword stuffing.
Bottom line is that if you have an online marketing budget it much better spent on Pay Per Click Ads than SEO. I personally cut my teeth in online marketing doing SEO and I’m telling you it is the slow boat to India. Spend your money wisely and don’t waste a lot of time and energy.
Top companies are now taking SEO out of their business name. They are now focusing on conversions, sales funnels, social media and paid advertising.
I don’t want to bore you with a lot of examples here but I can tell you that Pay Per Click advertising does not have to be expensive to be effective. I’m currently managing campaigns that are spending as little as $50 a month and as much as $10,000 a month.
You set the budget and you have more control over how many times your site can be seen in the search engines.